Thursday, May 28, 2009

We were born for this.

See,
Thing is,
I've stopped listening to all that shit you get on radio.
Everything on that thing is either about sex,
Money,
Women,
Or sex.

Do people have nothing better to do with their own lives anymore?
Rather than make obscene music
About how pimpy they can be
Or how girls with big asses and all boobs drool over them
Or how they spend like a million dollars on a golden toilet?
Do they not see the world as a place with so much more to offer?
And that's why I've opted for a different approach to music.

I've dropped the knobs and dials
And picked up my headphones.
I plugged Paramore as one of my favs and listen,
This is what I got:

It takes acquired minds to taste, to taste, to taste this wine
You can’t down it with your eyes
So we don’t need the headlines
No, we don’t want your headlines
We just want…
(We want the airways back, we want the airways back)

Everybody sing like it’s the last song you will ever sing
Tell me, tell me, do you feel the pressure now?
Everybody live like it’s the last day you will ever see
Tell me, tell me, do you feel the pressure now?

Aren't the lyrics so much better than:

[ She say he so sweet make her wanna lick the rapper
So i letta lick the rapper ]

Shawty say i lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-look like a lollipop
She say i lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-look like a lollipop
lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-look like a lollipop
She say I ..... like a lollipop

Shawty wanna thug
bottles in the club
shawty wanna hump
and ooo i like to touch ya lovely lady lumps

Dude...
Like WTF man?

I still *heart* Hayley Williams. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment