Have you ever felt so relieved?
That your shoulders actually relax and slump downwards?
You actually feel your mind slowly whirl to a stop,
Releasing all the tension it once carried.
Or how about the once tangled knot in your stomach due to the deadlines shoved in your face
Releases its tight grip?
I feel like I can finally smile without force,
That I can laugh without restrain.
That I can actually hear a joke and giggle without being forced.
Life is an odd thing, really.
You could love a person one minute,
And hate him or her the next.
I wonder why do we waste so much time
On such temperamental emotions?
Even when sometimes,
We know what's going to happen.
If there were no emotions,
would the world be a better place?
Or would it crumble to nothing but dust,
Because everything was so mechanical?
There would be no hugs,
No kisses,
No smiles,
No tears,
No fears.
No nothing.
I wouldn't want a world like that.
You'd spend too much time thinking.
Too drowned out in your own thoughts.
Maybe eventually so deep,
That you never find a way out
Of the cold, dark abyss you call
Your Mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment